New Donovan Dismissal Plan
Hello Donovan Families,
As you may have noticed a new driveway has been created at the Donovan. We are very excited and strongly believe that this will help fix some of the traffic problems. As always our dismissal goal is to have each child get home safely. We have 430+ students and we need to work as a team to make sure that all children are safe.
We will be starting the new DISMISSAL ONLY procedure on Monday, October 25th.
At arrival, we will continue to use the same morning drop off procedure. All cars will pull into the front circle driveway and move all the way forward, before letting your child out on the sidewalk side and then pulling away.
NEW AT DISMISSAL
To begin - we are starting this new procedure - although it will make dismissal easier and faster, it will take a few days to train the students and it requires all adults to be a part of the team and follow the procedure. We are counting on EVERYONE helping to make this work.
- Dismissal begins at 3:20pm
- Stay in your car and follow the map to your pickup location
- If you were previously parking your car and walking start to use the car line instead!
- PLEASE do not yell or get out of your car if the first few days are difficult - we are trying to teach more than 430 students a new procedure - if you are trying to make a change in the middle of the process it distracts the adults away from the students and it makes the process difficult and slower for everyone.
- Make sure you have your sign in the window.
- Make sure to read the steps on the next page; check the map and return the form.
1. Using the attached map identify where your child will be dismissed. Children will always go to the location where your youngest traveler is dismissed.
2. Fill out the attached form letting your child(ren)’s teacher know where and how they will be picked up. IF YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE PICK UP ON A SPECIFIC DAY, WE MUST HAVE EMAILED NOTICE TO THE OFFICE AND THE TEACHER. We need this information because children will now be dismissed from 3 separate locations and it would take time to move them to a new location.
3. After 2:50pm we will be stopping any early dismissal of students. If you need your child early please plan to arrive before 2:50 and call us, so we have your student ready when you arrive.
4. Remember: Walkers are people that walk from their house to the school and will then walk home to their house. Now that we have the new much larger driveway, WE ARE ASKING THAT ALL PARENTS USE THE CAR LINE. Parking and walking only makes the process more difficult.
5. The back driveway is an exit only
6. When you arrive follow the map provided to your child’s pickup location
- Cars for students from grades K & 1 and their siblings will drive in the top driveway and down the back drive to go behind the building. They will stay to the left and continue to drive up the other side before pulling alongside the building and waiting for your child(ren). Once you have your students, please pull out of line and exit out the back driveway.
- Cars for students from grades 2 & 3 and any older siblings will drive in the top driveway and down the back drive to go behind the building. They pull off to the side closer to the building and pull all the way forward and wait for your child(ren). Once you have your students, please pull out of line and follow the road back up to the upper back playground, before continuing to exit out the back driveway.
- Cars for students from grades 4 & 5 will drive in the top driveway and around the front circle. Pull all the way forward and wait for your child(ren). Once you have your students, please pull out of line and exit out the driveway.
- Walkers: Please walk up to door 16 in the front of the building (see map) and wait for your student.
7. We will be following the same procedure on half day dismissals starting at 12:15pm.
Si ou gen kesyon anplis, tanpri souple kontakte Lunine Pierre-Jérôme, Liaison pou fanmi ki pale Kreyòl Ayisyen yo nan 1-781-807-0081
Si tiene más preguntas, llame a Evelyn Morales, las intermediarias/intérprete para las familias hispanohablantes al 1-781-961-6220 ext. 535
Se você tiver qualquer outra pergunta, por favor entre em contato com Regina Federle, para auxílio com o idioma Português, número 1-781-961-6247.