RHS Family Letter - January 28, 2021
Dear RHS Students & Families,
Randolph High School will be returning to our in-person hybrid learning model beginning this Monday, February 1. We want to make sure that we highlight a number of things prior to Monday - both as reminders to how RHS was operating prior to the shift to a full remote model in December and to provide important updates and information moving forward.
- We want to reassure all families that all of our safety protocols related to COVID-19 remain in effect. Everyone in the building is required to wear face masks that cover both the nose and mouth. We will maintain social distancing as much as possible, following the 6-foot guidelines throughout the building. Rigorous cleaning protocols have continued in classrooms, bathrooms, hallways, and other common areas like the cafeteria. We also encourage anyone not feeling well to stay home out of an abundance of caution.
- Cohort A will still come into the building for hybrid-in learning on Mondays and Thursdays and Cohort B will come into the building for hybrid-in learning on Tuesdays and Fridays, but all students are expected to attend classes every day following our hybrid bell schedule - whether they are in the building or working from home. Wednesday’s schedule will still involve a half day schedule with 30 minute classes. Students should follow teacher directions to determine when they will attend classes for live teaching or work asynchronously on class assignments on Wednesdays. There is no asynchronous work on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays or Fridays.
- When dropping off students in the morning, please remember that all freshmen and sophomores enter through the main entrance of the building and report to either the cafeteria for breakfast or the west gym. Juniors and Seniors enter the building through the pool-side entrance and can report to the cafeteria for breakfast or remain in the pool-side gym. When the bell rings at 8:15, all students begin walking to their Period 1 class.
- All students should use an RPS-issued laptop when in the building. While many families have their own devices, there is no guest WiFi in the building, so personal devices will not have internet access when students are hybrid-in, and students will be unable to complete assignments in class. All students must have an RPS device to complete work in the building. All students have been offered a laptop from the district and if any student still needs one to use when they come into the building they should contact the main office.
- Semester 1/Term 2 ends this Tuesday, February 2, with Semester 2/Term 3 beginning on Thursday, February 3. Students switching to a hybrid learning model for Semester 2 should begin coming into school on Thursday, February 4. All students should make sure to check their class schedule in iPass to make sure of any changes for the second semester. Report cards will be published on Wednesday, February 10.
- We will be hosting a Program of Studies night for all of our current freshmen, sophomores, and juniors on Monday, February 1, from 7:00-8:00pm (reminders have been sent out and a Zoom link will be sent out prior to the meeting on Monday night). The POS outlines all of the academic courses offered at RHS and details many of the processes and requirements that exist for everything from registration through graduation. Students will begin hearing from their teachers about what courses they should/can take next year, and receive course recommendations. Students will register for classes and meet with their counselors during the month of March to finalize their course selections for 2021-2022. More information will be communicated as we approach the registration process.
- Parent-Teacher conferences will take place on Thursday, February 25, from 3:30-8:00pm. More information to sign up for virtual conferences with your child’s teacher will be forthcoming.
As always, we are here to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have. We look forward to welcoming our students back into the building and working to continue through these challenging times together.
William Conard, Ed.D
Si ou gen kesyon anplis, tanpri souple kontakte Lunine Pierre-Jérôme, Lyezon pou fanmi ki pale Kreyòl Ayisyen yo nan 1-781-807-0081
Si tiene más preguntas, llame a Aisha Boykin, o Evelyn Morales, las intermediarias/intérprete para las familias hispanohablantes al 1-781-961-6220 Ext 581 or ext. 535
Se você tiver qualquer outra pergunta, por favor entre em contato com Regina Federle, para auxílio com o idioma Português, número 1-781-961-6220 ext. 558
Nếu quý vị có câu hỏi nào khác, làm ơn liên hệ phiên dịch viên tiếng Việt, Giang-Jenny Bui, tại 781-961-6220, số máy lẻ 541