School Site Council
The School Site Council is governing/ advisory body at each school. The School Site Council is comprised of equal numbers of parents and staff. Parents on the School Site Council are accountable to the School Parent Council and are elected by the School Parent Council of the school.
The School Site Council reviews and approves school policy, including but not limited to:
- Parent Engagement Plan
- Serving on personnel subcommittee for new teachers
- Reviewing the Whole School Improvement Plan
- Reports back to School Parent Council and the larger parent body on a regular basis
School Site Council is important to our school and the success of our students. Research shows that family involvement promotes student success. Students with involved parents are more likely to
- Earn higher grades and pass their classes,
- Attend school regularly and have better social skills
- Go on to postsecondary education.
When families, schools, and communities work together:
- Student achievement improves
- Teacher morale rises
- Communication increases
- Family, school, and community connections multiply.