Welcome to 3rd Grade
Below is some information we thought you would find helpful as you get ready to begin third grade.
You will receive a letter from your teacher with more details!
In the meantime, have a wonderful and safe summer!!
We’ll see you all soon!
What can you do to get ready for 3rd grade?
Here are some things you could do this summer to get ready for 3rd grade:
- Take trips to the public library and join their summer reading program.
- Read out loud to your parents or siblings
- Keep a summer writing journal
- Write and mail letters to friends and family members
- Practice math facts (addition/subtraction)
- Count money to pay for things/make change
- Refer to the clock often and practice telling time
Places to visit:
- Check the public library for free passes to great museums!
- Plimoth Patuxet
- The Freedom Trail
- Old Sturbridge Village
- Historic Sites in Randolph
- The New England Aquarium
- The Museum of Science
- The Roger Williams Zoo
- The Franklin Park Zoo
Supplies for the Class:
*Each teacher will send home an individual list of supplies, but these are a few things that are required in all third grade classrooms.
Please note that many of these supplies will be collected and shared among students.
**Your child needs a pair of good quality headphones to use with their school device.
- 2 Plastic Folders
- 1 Spiral Notebook
- 2-3 Boxes of Ticonderoga Pencils
- Crayola Crayons Box of 24
- Crayola Markers
- A Highlighter
- Clorox/Lysol Wipes
- Black Dry Erase Markers