April 21, 2020
Dear Randolph families,
Last Friday, April 17th, you received a letter from the Superintendent’s office about the second phase of the Randolph Public Schools (RPS) Remote Learning Plan (RLP). It contained a lot of information about how we are educating our students and valuable resources for your family to use during this time.
With this second phase of the RPS Remote Learning Plan (RLP), we would like to share with you the following information from the MA DESE (Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education) along with a few updates from our department.
MA DESE Updates:
- Family Letter – please take your time to read this entire document. It contains a lot of information regarding how schools across the commonwealth are supporting your child/children during this time.
- Resource Toolbox for families – the MA DESE put together this document with some resources and tools that you may find helpful.
- Progress Reports – by now, most of you have received your child’s/children’s Term 2 (elementary level) and Term 3 (secondary level) progress reports. Please contact your child’s/children’s school point person listed below if you have any questions.
- Student Remote Learning Plan (SRLP) – you will be receiving a copy of your child’s/children’s SRLP during the week of May 4th either by email or paper. It will contain all the remote instruction and services that your child/children has been receiving since March 23rd. It will also contain any additional remote instruction and services that the district will provide moving forward throughout this extended closure.
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) Meetings – currently, RPS is focusing on providing robust learning opportunities and engagement with students. As we hear more information from the state and the MA DESE, we will inform you, should this change. Rest assured that we are providing all special education services indicated in your child’s IEP to the best of our ability, and to the extent we can, during this time.
- Communication – with the newest information that Gov. Charlie Baker announced today about schools being closed through the end of the year, we will be giving regular updates as soon as we can for any/all information about special education remote instruction and other student services.
For Contact Information please refer to the following point person/s below for any questions you may have:
- OOD/ESY – Katy Sleczkowski – email@example.com
- McKinney Vento/DCF/Counseling Services – Kimberly Duane - firstname.lastname@example.org
- JFK Elementary School – Danielle Galvin and Stuart Horowitz - email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Young Elementary School – Kelley Breen and Anson Chan - email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lyons Elementary School – Benjamin Rogers and Anson Chan - email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donovan Elementary School – Sean Persico and Vicki Cantillo - email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Randolph Community Middle School – Arnold Chamanlal, Sherry Spicer, Peri Dreyfuss-Kaufman email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Randolph High School – Annya Haughton, Melinda Forbes, Tresa Papadopoulos firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food Services – Stacia Fritz - email@example.com
- Technical Support – Adam Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org
- SEPAC and Parent Support – Cheritah Samuels King – email@example.com
Thank you very much! Together we can do this!
Alpha Sanford, M.Ed, CAGS
Director of Special Education and Student Services